Sunday, April 4, 2010

One Year Older





Over Spring Break I had my 22nd birthday. I was excited about turning one year older, and it was cool to turn 22 on the 22nd day of the month of March, because it only happens once. I kept getting the question "so do you feel older?' and I honestly didn't know how to respond. I feel like 21 whizzed by in a flash, it was fun at first, but it got old real fast and people tend to not take you seriously once you tell them that you are 21.

So ya in a way I guess I do feel older.  I hope that being one year older is full of fun, friendships, and new adventures!

Baseball Season!

Yes! It is finally here, the moment that I have been counting down for. Tomorrow at 4:00 pm the Giants officially start the season with the opening game against the Astros! I love this time of year, the loud crowds, the crisp air in the ball park, the sea of orange and black blanketing the crowd, sunflower seeds, hot dogs, beer. It is just awesome. And to top it all off, my favorite player Tim Lincecum will start things off on the mound.

With baseball season starting, it means that hockey is coming to a close. The San Jose Sharks just lost tonight against the Colorado Avalanche, which comes as a low blow with the playoffs right around the corner. Hopefully it won't turn out like last year's debacle. The Sharks entered the playoffs with the best lead in hockey and end up loosing in the first round! Heartbreaking. But with leading offensive man Joe Thornton back on the ice from a previous injury, hopefully the Sharks will gain momentum and come out strong in the next ten days leading up to the playoffs.

This month is filled with sports action. I get to watch my favorite baseball team battle it out on the field, and witness my other favorite team, The Sharks, in the playoffs. Here's to the start of a great season and and a hopeful clinching of the Stanley Cup!





1 comment:

  1. I love that you are a huge baseball fan, like myself. I'm not able to go to any games since I now live 380 miles away from my team: The Angels. Baseball is seriously the best game. Going to a game, seeing all of the support for your team, drinking a beer, eating a bag of peanuts and an oversized hotdog. Its just magical. I'm going to try to go to some Giants games and maybe a few A's v. Angels games..

    Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you find it much easier to be respected now that you are no longer 21!

    ReplyDelete